The deadline for the Robot Design Competition has been extended to September 10th.
The Ninth International Conference on Social Robotics
November 22nd to 24th, 2017, Tsukuba, Japan
The Ninth International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR 2017) brings together researchers and practitioners working on the interaction between humans and robots and on the integration of robots into our society. The theme of the 2017 conference is embodied interactive robots.
Robots will improve quality of human life through assistance, enabling for instance independent living or providing support in work-intensive, difficult and possibly complex situations. The conference aims to foster discussion on the development of computational models, robotic embodiments, and behaviour that enable social robots to have an impact on the degree of personalised companionship with humans.
The conference welcomes original contributions describing technically rigorous scientific and philosophical advances in the area of social robotics: innovative ideas and concepts, new discoveries and improvements, novel applications on the latest fundamental advances in the core technologies that form the backbone of social robotics, distinguished developmental projects, as well as seminal works in aesthetic design, ethics and philosophy, studies on social impact and influence pertaining to social robotics, and its interaction and communication with human beings and its social impact on our society.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Affective and cognitive sciences for socially interactive robots
- Context awareness, expectation, and intention understanding
- Control architectures for social robotics
- Human augmentation, rehabilitation, and medical robots
- Interaction and collaboration among robots, humans, and environments
- Personal robots for the home
- Robot applications in education, entertainment, and gaming
- Robot ethics in human society
- Robots that can adapt to different users
- Robots to assist the elderly and persons with disabilities
- Robots with personality
- Safety in robots working in human spaces
- Socially assistive robots to improve quality of life
- Social acceptance and impact in the society
- Socially appealing design methodologies
The Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR 2017) will be published by Springer International Publishing as part of the Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence series (LNAI).
Selected papers will be invited for publication as a Special Issue in the International Journal of Social Robotics (Fall 2018).
Prof. Takanori Shibata, Senior Research Scientist at the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST, Japan), and creator of the social robot PARO
Prof. Dr. Kerstin Dautenhahn, Professor of Artificial Intelligence in the School of Computer Science at University of Hertfordshire
Special Session proposal submission
July 21, 2017
Special Session proposal notification
July 25, 2017
Workshop proposal submission
July 25, 2017
Workshop proposal notification
July 31, 2017
Paper submission (Regular & Special)
July 31, 2017
August 22, 2017
Final camera-ready paper submission
September 5, 2017
September 10, 2017
September 22, 2017
November 22-24, 2017